[OpenAFS] OpenAFS replication process

Eric Bennett eric@umbralservices.com
Wed, 04 May 2005 09:22:20 +1000

Hi Guys,

I'm still having problems accessing the shares from windows client pc's,
but that's not the ultimate goal here, so I haven't been too concerned
about it, the current issue I'm coming up against is adding a secondary
server to the cell for the share;

http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/QuickStartUnix/auqbg002.htm#ToC_111

klog admin works but takes about 60 seconds to process, then I follow
the next command

aven:/# /usr/local/bin/bos addhost raven raven.umbralservices.com
bos: failed to add host raven.umbralservices.com (ticket contained
unknown key version number)
raven:/#

And I get that?

I thought it may be something to do with the kerberos install in debian
so I've wiped that all out completely and am now using kaserver,
authentication works (or seems to) via the windows client, and I even
get a little bit further there now, I can map shares, but if I try to
add anything to them I get this message;

Unable to create the folder 'New Folder'

The system cannot find message text for message number 0x in the message
file for New Folder.

Any ideas on either of these issues?

Regards
Eric