[OpenAFS] Callback/Cache Issues with 1.3.82 on FC3

Stephan Wiesand Stephan.Wiesand@desy.de
Thu, 5 May 2005 19:17:05 +0200 (CEST)

This patch works for me. Both removal and modifcation of files from other
clients are now noticed by the 1.3.82 client.

On Thu, 5 May 2005, chas williams - CONTRACTOR wrote:

> ok, try this fix -- apply to 1.3.82 sources.  when you delete the file
> from the other client, the callbacks for that directory are broken.
> when afs breaks the callback for a directory, it doesnt update the
> state any of the children of that directory.  so the dentry on the local
> machine still believes its valid since the deleted vnode still has state
> CStatd on the local machine.
>
> for a quick fix, the parent's lower 32 bits of the DataVersion are stored
> in d_time.  if the parent's version number has changed, this dentry
> needs revalidated.
>
> should ClearCallBack() also clear vnodes with a matching parentVnode?

| Stephan Wiesand  |                                |
| DESY     - DV -  | phone  +49 33762 7 7370        |
| Platanenallee 6  | fax    +49 33762 7 7216        |
| 15738 Zeuthen    |                                |
| Germany          |                                |