[OpenAFS] vos replication being strange.

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Fri, 6 May 2005 11:01:58 +0200

On May 6, 2005, at 10:50 AM, Eric Bennett wrote:

> Followup;
>

> Now on the RO server this volume cannot be access at all
> service
>    RWrite: 536870924     ROnly: 536870925     RClone: 536870925
>    number of sites -> 2
>       server corvus.umbralservices.com partition /vicepa RW Site  --
> New release
>       server raven.umbralservices.com partition /vicepa RO Site  --
> Old release
>
> corvus:/afs/umbralservices# cd service
> corvus:/afs/umbralservices/service#
>
> raven:/afs/umbralservices# cd service
> -bash: cd: service: Connection timed out
>
> Still exact same error on trying to vos release manually
>
> What sort of replication is there automatically? or are we expected to
> write crontabs for vos release at regular intervals?

There is no automatic replication in AFS.
You can write crontabs or cron services for your bosserver.

BTW, I don't remember you telling us what platform and version (of AFS)
the two servers are.

Horst