[OpenAFS] vos replication being strange.

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Fri, 6 May 2005 13:51:00 +0200

On May 6, 2005, at 12:06 PM, Eric Bennett wrote:

> Both 2.6.8-2-k7 debian standard kernels (debian sarge)
>
> a worrying update;
>
> corvus:~# vos listvol corvus
> corvus:~# vos listvol raven
> Total number of volumes on server raven partition /vicepa: 4
> root.afs.readonly                 536870916 RO        169 K On-line
> root.cell.readonly                536870919 RO          5 K On-line
> service.readonly                  536870925 RO      30430 K On-line
> user.readonly                     536870922 RO        269 K On-line
>
> Total volumes onLine 4 ; Total volumes offLine 0 ; Total busy 0
>

> No volumes on corvus?

Now, I think that's the reason for your error "-bash: cd: service:
Connection timed out" you posted earlier. Your volumes on 'corvus' are
either gone or unaccessable by the clients.
The first is very easy to check. Take a look into you AFS partition if
the partition mounted there is still there. Which means if you see any
files in there the physical access to your partition is working.
For the second one if you can afford some out time, you can just
restart the filserver by using the "bos restart" command and let those
volumes be attached again. If that doens't work just tell us what's
happening ;-)

The question still remains how you got there...

Horst