[OpenAFS] OpenAFS VS Coda

Sophana Kok sophana78@yahoo.fr
Wed, 11 May 2005 13:11:20 +0200

Coda has more features than afs.
Mainly, it is designed for use though the internet with disconnected
operation, bandwidth adaptation.
One interesting feature I found in the dfsprotocols.pdf is that it
supports RW volume replication (write all, read once). I don't know if
performance is there.

To conclude, most features are for high availability.

For a compute cluster, I'm not sure if all these features are useful.
Also, I think that the coda comunity is less active than afs.
The only time I tried coda, there was a bug that was known. It surely
has been corrected since, but I didn't try.