[OpenAFS] default_realm ignored by aklog?

Stefan Heimers stefan.usenet@heimers.ch
Tue, 10 May 2005 10:27:58 +0200

Hi,

I have a problem with aklog.

We are in the ethz.ch domain. There is an official Kerberos realm ETHZ.CH,
but I am trying to set up an inofficial realm SED.ETHZ.CH for
experimenting.

I set

 [libdefaults]
 default_realm = SED.ETHZ.CH

in /etc/krb5.conf, but aklog still uses ETHZ.CH as the realm and fails.

Why is aklog guessing the realm from the domain name in stead of using
default_realm?

Is there a way to configure the system to put certain workstations to some
other realm?

I can work around this by explicitly specifying realm and cell with aklog or
by setting the whole ethz.ch domain to SED.ETHZ.CHin the domain_realm
section.

Stefan