[OpenAFS] Building libafs.ko on Debian without full kernel sources

Tobias Pfeiffer BoteDesSchattens@web.de
Tue, 17 May 2005 01:24:29 +0200

--------------enig49C2ACC3BD7EA5A575948C50

Hi!

Kevin wrote:
> I've seen in this list a good bit of discussion on building libafs.ko on
> Debian from the openafs module sources in the Debian package
> openafs-modules-source, and this has been very helpful to me, but I see
> nothing in particular on whether or not this can be done _without_ the
> full kernel tree being present and configured.

a) I think only the headers are required, but this might be wrong.
b) deb http://debian.seismo.ethz.ch sarge ethz_sed main non-free contrib
non-us
This site provides compiled versions for the latest Debian Sarge
kernel-images, unfortunately only for i386 machines. Well, maybe that
solves at least the half of your problems :-) For the rest (alpha): Take
a powerful machine, build a Debian package of the modules (with
make-kpkg modules-image) and then distribute this package onto all alpha
machines in the network.

Bye
Tobias

--
Ashes to ashes and clay to clay,
if the enemy doesn't get you, your own folks may.