[OpenAFS] AFS over high(ish) latency link

Peter Nelson pnelson@andrew.cmu.edu
Tue, 17 May 2005 21:28:10 -0700

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has experience using AFS over higher latency
links, where by higher I mean residential broadband.  I am only able to
achieve rates of about 150k/sec across my cable connection using AFS
while I can download at about 500k/sec using http from the same server.
I believe the culprit is the fact that my ping times are almost 100ms
and somewhere the rx window size is limiting the amount of in-flight
data.  Does anyone have suggestions as to what to tune, including
#DEFINE's in the source?

Thanks,
-Peter