[OpenAFS] AFSDB vs SRV records??

Chris Crowther chris@jm-crowther.co.uk
Thu, 19 May 2005 08:39:18 +0100

Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> AFSDB records, yes. SRV records, no idea.

	AFSDB is rather simple.  It's just "AFSDB <type> <host>." where type is
either 1 or 2 (normally 1 I think - 2 is something to do with DCE).

	I've not seen a specification for SRV entries for AFS.  If it did exist
it, I suspect it'd be something like "_afs._udp IN SRV <priority>
<weight> 7003 <host>.", assuming of course you want to locate the vldb;
but given it's not defined anywhere, that I've seen, it's probable we're
just waiting for someone to create an offical definition and use it.

--
Chris Crowther
J&M Crowther Ltd.