[OpenAFS] problem with # in csh scripts on AFS

ascotti@email.unc.edu ascotti@email.unc.edu
Sat, 21 May 2005 02:04:08 -0400

I hope somebody can help me with this problem.
I have just installed SUSE 9.2 on a dual Athlon.
Everything went smooth with openafs (ver 1.2.11).
The only problem is when I run csh scripts that are on an afs volume.
# are not interpreted as the beginning of comment lines! The weird thing is
that if I cp the script file to a local disk, and run it from the local
disk, everything works normally. afs is mounted on a xfs partition, while
the cache partition is a ext2. kernel is 2.6.8-24.14-smp.
Please cc to my address.
Thank you for your help
Alberto