[OpenAFS] issue with outlook pst file

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Wed, 25 May 2005 20:02:04 -0700

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 09:50:01PM -0400, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> It is not safe to store any files in AFS which are databases that
> are accessed via multiple applications at the same time.  This is
> because there is no byte range locking supported in AFS.

I understand that would mean ms access and the like. However, I was
not aware that outlook pst files would be faced with multiple
accesses, I only have one instance of outlook running.

the point is to make afs a reliable place to put windows user home
directories, ie profiles. We could using some kind of profile
synchronization method -- or we could just map the whole profile into
afs. The later would be my preference.

--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257