[OpenAFS] SuSe is frustrating

Randy Lee Schott schottra@msu.edu
Fri, 27 May 2005 10:36:03 -0400

I'm not even sure I'm posting to the right list, but I figure it's worth a
try.
 So I'm trying to use openAFS 1.3.78 under SuSe 9.3 (Linux 2.6 kernel).
Believe me, I would've used a stable release if I could have.  So, I got it
to build for my kernel, I can start the afs service (afs start) with no
problems/error messages.  I can start afsd as well with no problems or error
messages.  I can even klog to my cell to get tokens.  When I try and cd to
my personal afs space (cd /afs/my.cell/myspace) or even when I try and
browse my root directory in Konqueror, the system hangs.  I'm unable to kill
any afs related processes(kill -9 pid) and have to restart the machine to
fix it.  I have my firewall set to allow udp ports 7000-7009(afs services)
1024-2048(I'm told klog needs these), and 123/tcp(told that ntp uses it).
My ThisCell file contains only my cell, and my CellServDB file has been
reduced to just the info for that cell, so it shouldn't even be trying other
cells, correct?  I've been browsing archived mailing lists and forums for
days now trying everything I can, but I'm just not sure what is causing this
problem.  Has anyone else seen this?  Thanks a lot.

Randy