[OpenAFS] dynroot and localcell

Carson Gaspar carson@taltos.org
Thu, 03 Nov 2005 18:35:44 -0500

First off, am I blind, or is there almost no documentation on dynroot? The
afsd manpage doesn't even admit that the option exists. All I could find is
a very short mention of its existence on one slide of an openafs
presentation and one thread in the mailing list archives. Of course the
WiKi is down right now, so perhaps there's stuff hiding there.

Secondly, is it intentional that localcell/.localcell are missing when
using dynroot? This lack makes the feature useless from my point of view,
as we really need to be able to symlink/automount to the same path
globally. I'd really like the machines to not hang at boot if the network
is b0rked...

If it matters, this is using 1.4.0 on RHEL4U2.

[ please CC me on replies - the mail server doesn't want to process
subscription requests right now... ]

--
Carson Gaspar