[OpenAFS] memory leak on file server process using 1.4.0 binaries

Renata Maria Dart renata@slac.stanford.edu
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 12:20:13 -0800 (PST)

Hi, we have been seeing evidence of a memory leak with the 1.4.0
client on solaris 10 sparc systems that heavily exercise the AFS
cache.  I have a ticket open with SineNomine for this issue.  We also
have the 1.4.0 server running, but only in test mode, so we haven't
put a whole lot of AFS stress on it to tell if the server is a
problem.  If there is any question over just what is the cause of the
leak, and if you are running and exercising the client on your server,
perhaps that is really the problem....you could try running without it
and see if the server does any better.

-Renata