[OpenAFS] afs tokens & local mail delivery

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:52:43 -0500

On Nov 21, 2005, at 6:40 , ph rhole oper wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 22:26:24 +0100, "Lars Schimmer"
> <l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at> said:
>> ph rhole oper wrote:
>>> lmtp daemon of Cyrus IMAP, is supposed to deliver mail localy.
>>> 1) Does it support getting afs tokens, and delivering mail in user's
>>> home directory?
>>> 2) If it does, will it need permanent afs tokens?Or can it obtain
>>> afs
>>> tokens right after
>>> a user logins (using it's krb5 creds)?
>>
>> As fas as I know, Cyrus has its own datastore and is only  a POP/IMAP
>> program.
>> But you could split the cyrus datastore in small parts and store this
>> all over the net. I won't do this via NFS or AFS because of speed
>> reasons.
> mmm...what about lmtpd?

What about it?  LMTP is a protocol, not a destination.  Cyrus's lmtpd
delivers to Cyrus's mailstore.

Older Cyrus had a "deliver" program which did the same thing, and
fell back to standard Unix mailboxes under /var/spool/mail if the
user didn't have a Cyrus inbox, but I don't know if 2.x's lmtpd does
this and I'm quite certain it does not support e.g. Maildir delivery
to home directories.

--
brandon s. allbery     [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]
allbery@kf8nh.com