[OpenAFS] AFS and Apache Virtual Directory

Todd M. Lewis Todd_Lewis@unc.edu
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:46:27 -0500

If you're running Apache on Fedore Core 4 and SELinux is enabled, Apache
won't be able to see anything in AFS.  The easiest solution is to
disable SELinux, but then you don't get any of SELinux's protections.

Alternatively, you can use audit2why to find out what it is about your
SELinux policy that's keeping it from working.

    /usr/sbin/audit2why < /var/log/audit/audit.log

This will produce a lot of stuff if audit.log is very large. It explains
what's wrong. Another utility, audit2allow, tells you what you need to
change to make the entries in audit.log go away in the future.

SELinux is cool, but there's a whole new level of security to learn
about.  And of course, if you aren't running SELinux, none of this
matters...