[OpenAFS] AFS and Apache Virtual Directory

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:12:50 -0700

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 12:39:50AM -0600, Suman Kansakar wrote:
> Does anybody have any experience with using an AFS directory as a
> virtual directory of an Apache server running on Linux? If yes, could
> you give me some pointers on making this work? Just for the sake of
> trying, I created a symlink inside the /var/www/html directory that
> points to the AFS directory. I can browse the directory fine as a root
> or any other user, but Apache refuses to recognize it. It has to do
> with authentication I believe, but not sure on how to tackle this
> problem.

if you dont authenticate the apache user, you could authenticate the
machine via an ip based acl. we do that here.

create an ip user account in the afs pts data base. create an afs pts
group that has rl permissions on the volume you want to serve. put the
ip address in the pts group.

Of course, you also need to allow followsymlinks in apache config.