[OpenAFS] afs vs nfs

John Rudd jrudd@ucsc.edu
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:10:00 -0800

On Nov 22, 2005, at 7:54, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> For all practical purposes, Microsoft Windows is the equivalent of free
> since users must go significantly out of their way not to obtain a copy
> with every machine they buy.

If this statement were even remotely true, it might actually be worth
the bits it wasted.

(just to note: I have purchased MANY machines that didn't even have
windows as an option; and even if you just go with x86 machines, I can
still keep it in the "many" category ... and the most effort I have
ever gone through to avoid buying windows with an x86 box is clicking
on a different check box)