[OpenAFS] starting OpenAFS on OpenSSI

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:42:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Ron Croonenberg wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I managed to compile OpenAFS for the OpenSSI kernel.
>
> when I try to start the service with "/init.d/afs start" the script is
> trying to load "libafs-2.4.22-1.2199.nptl_afs_ssi_9smp-i686" instead of
> "libafs-2.4.22-1.2199.nptl_afs_ssi_9smp-i686.mp".

rename the module, or edit the script.

> insmod. Other then the warning "will taint the kernel: no license" it
> seems to load without any further complaints.

> - How can I get rid of that warning ?

patch to not print it. it's not ours. The Linux kernel folks
feel you need to know. If you disagree that's between you and them.

> Also, can I start everything "by hand" ? (I only want to get the client
> running).
> for example, can I load the kernel module with insmod first,  then start
> the bosserver (does the bosserver need to be started ? and then afsd ?

the bosserver needs to be started if you're a server
afsd needs to be started on the client

strictly speaking no afsd options are *needed*, you must choose what you
want, but you can run afsd with no options.

It seems like these questions might have already been answered once or a
twice in the list archives.

Derrick