[OpenAFS] machine - user -accounts

Chris Huebsch chris.huebsch@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:19:37 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Lars Schimmer wrote:

> Are machine accounts still a function of OpenAFS 1.4 RC1-6 ?

Why not?

> I setup a user with the IP of one of our workstations as username, I
> created a group and add the IP as member of this group.
> After that I set a directory of our afs for this group to read, but the
> filemanager on that machine can't access that directory "access denied".

Machine Entries are updated every 4 (?) hours on the fileservers. So it
takes some time to propagate this information from the protection-db to
the fileservers.

To speed this up, you can force a reaload of the fileserser-processes.

Chris
--
Chris Huebsch    www.huebsch-gemacht.de | TU Chemmnitz, Informatik, RNVS
GPG-Encrypted mail welcome! ID:7F2B4DBA |   Str. d. Nationen 62, B204