[OpenAFS] machine - user -accounts

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:24:00 -0500

Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at> wrote:

> Lars Schimmer wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Are machine accounts still a function of OpenAFS 1.4 RC1-6 ?
>> I setup a user with the IP of one of our workstations as username, I
>> created a group and add the IP as member of this group.
>> After that I set a directory of our afs for this group to read, but
>> the filemanager on that machine can't access that directory "access
>> denied".
>
> More information: it is a windows client.
> A Linux client seems not to have that problem at all.

Have you read through: http://www.duke.edu/~jhv/answers/afs-ip-acls.html
?

Specifically the:
"An AFS file server treats ACL IP entries differently from principal
entries:
Changes to ACLs for principals are reflected almost right away.
Changes to ACLs for IP entries are *NOT*. "

This appears to work just fine for me in RC6 (on server and client.)

<<CDC
--
Christopher D. Clausen
ACM@UIUC SysAdmin