[OpenAFS] AFS on Ubuntu 5.04: anyone?

Sensei senseiwa@tin.it
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:18:31 +0200

On Oct 11, 2005, at 4:55 pm, Sergio Gelato wrote:

> Not me, but I have a user who is running 5.10 on his laptop.
> Installing
> the OpenAFS client was as easy as enabling the "universe"
> repository in
> /etc/apt/sources.list, installing module-assistant and openafs-client
> (and heimdal-clients for good measure), then running "m-a prepare" and
> "m-a build openafs". Install the resulting .deb with "dpkg -i".
>
> You should be able to do something similar in 5.04. Take the
> openafs-modules-source package from Russ Allbery's repository
> (the URL is in the archives for this list), so you'll get a recent
> 1.4.0 release candidate. It's nice if you upgrade the userspace
> packages too; you may need to recompile them with the right library
> version dependencies. Does pbuilder work in Ubuntu as it does in
> Debian?

What I did is using the breezy packages (downloaded and forced dpkg),
but the scripts are really weird. Setting

OPTIONS=MEMORY
CACHESIZE=50000

seem not to affect the init.d script, telling me that my partition is
not supported: it's an XFS filesystem, I know it's not supported but
I said memory cache, not in /var...

Is seems the only solutions is commenting the lines checking for the
partition type and using -memcache option... did you solve this way?

--
Sensei <senseiwa@tin.it>

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its
limits. (A. Einstein)