[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.3.87 and 1.4.0-rc6 stability issues on Solaris 10

Loic Tortay tortay@cc.in2p3.fr
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:47:37 +0200

According to chas williams - CONTRACTOR:
> In message <20051011181108.A17698@ccdevli1.in2p3.fr>,Loic Tortay writes=
:
> >If so, has someone a clue on where to look for the origin of this
> >problem ?
>
> can you try this:
>
> . keep afs from autostarting (rename startup script)
> . add "set default_stksize=3D0x8000" to /etc/system
> . reboot
> . login and manually start afs (/etc/init.d/afs start)
>
> now try svcs -p

Indeed, with the above procedure I've been able to run "svcs -p" about
15000 times in a row (the machine did not panic, I stopped the loop).

On the other hand, if I re-enable the automatic startup of AFS the
problem reappears (with the default stack size still set to 32 kB).

Thank you for your clue ! :-)

Lo=EFc.
--=20
| Lo=EFc Tortay <tortay@cc.in2p3.fr> -     IN2P3 Computing Centre     |