[OpenAFS] AFS on Ubuntu 5.04: anyone?

Sensei senseiwa@tin.it
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:24:08 +0200

On Oct 12, 2005, at 11:20 am, Russ Allbery wrote:

> I'm very confused by this "OPTIONS=MEMORY" thing that you keep
> referring
> to.  What is that, what is it supposed to do, and what piece of
> software
> is supposed to implement it?

Well, I read somewhere it was working, but I'm doubtful...

> -memcache is still not recommended, by me at least, but it does
> work if
> you have to use it.  In my personal experience, it is not appreciably
> faster than disk cache and is not entirely stable.  If I were you and
> completely invested in XFS as my only file system, I'd create a 100MB
> file, build an ext3 file system on it, mount it with a loop mount,
> and use
> it for the cache.

That's an option. Another option I'm thinking about is using a
ramdisk with an ext2 filesystem as cache. I'll try both of them.

Thank you.

--
Sensei <senseiwa@tin.it>

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its
limits. (A. Einstein)