[OpenAFS] service principal question

Steve Devine sdevine@msu.edu
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:57:10 -0400

Neulinger, Nathan wrote:

>You just need to remember to update kadm5.acl if you decide to use a
>different name (assuming you're using mit k5), as the default install of
>that I believe gives krb db admin rights for all princs to */admin.

>Nathan Neulinger                       EMail:  nneul@umr.edu
>University of Missouri - Rolla         Phone: (573) 341-6679
>UMR Information Technology             Fax: (573) 341-4216

For my 2 cents I would say its a pretty good convention to hang on to ..
I would rather my admins had to remember to add the /admin to their
principal when doing admin work.  I'd rather have a little inconvience
than a large headache.
/sd

--
Steve Devine
Storage Systems

506 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra