[OpenAFS] OpenAFS and krb5 docs

Steve Devine sdevine@msu.edu
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:03:32 -0400

Richard Wallace wrote:

> Andreas Heinig wrote:
>
>> Richard Wallace wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I'm looking for documentation on how to use MIT-Krb5 with OpenAFS.
>>> The best result I get from Google are references in a post to this
>>> mailing list
>>> (https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2002-March/003872.html)
>>> from more than three years ago.  Are these still good references to
>>> use with the 1.4rc6 release or are there more updated docs?
>>>

>> Take a look at this page:
>>
>> http://grand.central.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore?topic=KerberosAFSInstall
>>
> Anybody have a static copy of this up somewhere?  I'd really
> appreciate it.  Thanks!
>

>> I don't know if it was updated to 1.4, but it was a good tutorial for
>> 1.3.*
>>
>> Gruss
>> Andreas Heinig

I don't know how much this will help but I created this when we
converted  our existing cell to Kerberos 5.
Mostly about the initial setup of the kdc and converting the existing ka
database to Kerberos 5

http://msu.edu/service/afs/migrate/notes-onkdc-setup.pdf

--
Steve Devine
Storage Systems

506 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra