[OpenAFS] Re: 1.4.0 rc7 under AIX 5.3

Steve Roseman sgr0@Lehigh.EDU
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:30:42 -0400

Joe Buehler wrote:
> Hans-Gunther Borrmann wrote:
>

>>the client itself works very well. No problem to compile and run.
>>The AIX loadable authentication module afs_dynamic_auth is not usable. If a
>>user logs in and is authenticated by this module all commands he submits
>>segfault.
>

> I believe I submitted tickets for AIX 4.3 and AIX 5.2 also -- the
> integrated login module causes the telnet "login" process to segfault,
> making it impossible to login via telnet.  I am using an integrated
> login module handed down from antiquity to get around this.

	I've seen this on two systems, both PowerPC CPUs with Microchannel bus
(models 250 and C10).  Power CPUs with MCA and PowerPC with PCI bus
work.  I'm wondering if it is a compile option forcing an invalid
instruction.

	It looks like it affects afs_dynamic_auth and klog, after validating
the password, possibly while setting up the token.

Steve

Stephen G. Roseman
Lehigh University
sgr0@lehigh.edu