[OpenAFS] pam and OpenAFS

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:01:37 -0500

Hi Derrick,

yes then it  works. (and yes I use shadow)

When the username is in /etc/passwd and nthe password is different then
the  afs password it does get logged in, get's an afs token and get's
the uid homedirectory shell info etc from ldap.

However, when I don't have a "local" userid, it doesn't work.

(Sounds like it is not an OpenAFS issue, but there must be more people
that ran into that problem)

Ron

>>> Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> 10/27/05 12:48 PM >>>
And the username in question is listed in /etc/passwd (and /etc/shadow
if you use shadow) right?