[OpenAFS] Transitioning from IBM Transarc to OpenAFS Help

Andrew Bacchi bacchi@rpi.edu
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:43:33 -0500

We migrated from AIX/Transarc to Linux/OpenAFS about 2 years ago.  I
chose method 1 to make a gradual transition over the course of a
summer.  For a few weeks I had a mixed cell with both platforms in
production.  I did not have any problems with database corruption and
all DB and file servers talked to each other without incident.

Creating a new cell would have caused more problems for the user base.
The migration went easily to the 1.2 .x version series.  I can't speak
about any later release.