[OpenAFS] Configuring an openafs client in a realm A, cell B situation

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 07 Sep 2005 12:33:50 -0700

Madhusudan Singh <singh.madhusudan@gmail.com> writes:

> When I kinit <myname>, the authentication hangs. I have not modified
> authentication mechanisms under /etc/pam.d, but I am under the
> impression that stuff does not need to be touched for kinit to work
> (which is all that I am looking for). And I do not think I need a keytab
> for a client either.

Do you have any firewall or iptables configuration that might be
preventing the system from seeing UDP responses from your KDC?

You're correct in that neither PAM configuration nor a keytab are needed
for this.