[OpenAFS] Installing 1.4.0RC4 to use SEAM Krb5

Coy Hile coy.hile@coyhile.ca
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:38:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Douglas E. Engert wrote:

> Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:13:00 -0500
> From: Douglas E. Engert <deengert@anl.gov>
> To: Coy Hile <coy.hile@coyhile.ca>
> Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
> Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Installing 1.4.0RC4 to use SEAM Krb5
>
> Also as said, I was using gssklog, that uses a standrd API that does
> not have these problems.
>
> I build from AFS, and $K5BUILD point into our cell where these
> where at. $SYS is in effect @sys i.e. sysname of sun4x_510

Let me pose another question.  Let's assume that I have my PAM stack
setup like you mentioned in your first mail (and end up using gssklog
to do the krb5 to OpenAFS token stuff).  In itializing  the first machine
in my cell, what (if any) modifications do I need to make to the
instructions given here

http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/QuickStartUnix/auqbg005.htm#HDRWQ50

under the sections "Starting the Database server processes",
"initializing cell security" and "starting the fileserver, Volume
Server and Salvager" to ensure that my krb5 installation is used
for authentication and authorization? Unless I am misunderstanding
setting up the cell security, some non-krb5 password ends up getting
used for auth.

Apologies for the innane questions, but parts of this take a while to
get one's head around the first time.

--
Coy Hile
coy.hile@coyhile.ca