[OpenAFS] Trouble compiling 1.4rc4 SRPM

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:21:43 -0400

Lester Barrows <barrows@email.arc.nasa.gov> writes:

> Hi Derek,
>
> I also get the res_search error while attempting to rebuild the  source rpm,
> this is again on the amd64 (x86_64) platform running RHEL 3. I've been
> putting ugly, evil kludges into the spec file to make it look for
> __res_search rather than res_search and then building from the spec.

Oh, amd64!  I don't recall that being stated before!  That's the
issue.  GLibc on amd64 doesn't export res_search in the same way as
x86.  Honestly, I think we can probably just remove the res_search
checks, we really don't use it, as far as I know.

>    The only
> remaining issue seems to be that the libafs module's name is being mangled
> somewhere in the build process, so we get the following module built:
>
> libafs-2.4.21-32.0.1.ELsmp.o
>
> The spec file expects this to be called "libafs-2.4.21-32.ELsmp.o" and fails
> when attempting to package the file. Aside from the evil kludges and
> packaging issues, it seems to be building OK here on an amd64 system.

I've built from this SPEC on lots of systems and never seen this
problem.  What's your rpmbuild command-line, and what does it print
out at the beginning of the build process?  It should print out a
dozen lines describing the build environment.  Can you cut-and-paste
those here?

-derek