[OpenAFS] Trouble compiling 1.4rc4 SRPM

Lester Barrows barrows@email.arc.nasa.gov
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:26:41 -0700

Hi Derek,

On Thursday 22 September 2005 12:21 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Oh, amd64!  I don't recall that being stated before!  That's the
> issue.  GLibc on amd64 doesn't export res_search in the same way as
> x86.  Honestly, I think we can probably just remove the res_search
> checks, we really don't use it, as far as I know.

Great, I'd been working on this for a bit before someone made note of it here
and had already "fixed" that. Definitely better that the check is removed
than my solution.

> ... What's your rpmbuild command-line, and what does it print
> out at the beginning of the build process?  It should print out a
> dozen lines describing the build environment.  Can you cut-and-paste
> those here?
>
> -derek

Note that I edited the spec file, but that was just a few sed lines that
modify res_search in a few files and my attempt to disable krb5 to see if the
issue would go away. I can send it to you directly if you want to see what
mess I may have made of it. The command I used to build from the spec file
follows, along with the lines from the build process:

rpmbuild -ba openafs.spec

+ : @@@
+ : @@@ kernel version: 2.4.21-32.EL
+ : @@@ kernel modules dir: /lib/modules/2.4.21-32.EL
+ : @@@ kernel source dir: /lib/modules/2.4.21-32.EL/build
+ : @@@ kernel variations: up smp
+ : @@@ PAM modules dir: /lib64/security
+ : @@@ build userspace: 1
+ : @@@ build modules: 1
+ : @@@ arch: x86_64
+ : @@@ target cpu: x86_64
+ : @@@

It all looks ok, but when the modules are built it ends up adding the extra
numbers to the library name. I haven't had much time to find where it's added
just yet, it may well be something I'm doing wrong.

Regards,
Lester Barrows