[OpenAFS] LDAP authentication

Jiann-Ming Su Jiann-Ming Su <sujiannming@gmail.com>
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 22:02:45 -0400

On 9/23/05, S P Arif Sahari Wibowo <arifsaha@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hmm, I have to read more. Did you mean Samba will act as
> Kerberos authentication server, and therefore if I have LDAP as
> Samba authentication backend, I can get OpenAFS to authenticate
> to Samba?

I haven't actually configured it, but talking with one of my
colleagues who's more knowledgeable about LDAP and Kerberos, it means
that instead of storing the Samba password in LDAP, you can now
authenticate to Samba using a Kerberos server.  This was not possible
in previous versions of Samba.  So, if you're going to use OpenAFS and
have to configure a Kerberos server for it, you can now use the new
Samba and have it authenticate against the same Kerberos server.

--
Jiann-Ming Su