[OpenAFS] Trouble compiling 1.4rc4 SRPM

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 23:44:21 -0400

>I would suggest you do the same thing. The only annoying thing about the
>OpenAFS aklog is that it seems to use 2b always; so if you are running
>servers that don't support it then it gives you bad tokens unless you
>explicitly specify -524.

I had a conversation about this with the "other" Derrick.  The
consensus was that tools for a particular release are not intended
nor expected to work with older releases of OpenAFS.  Okay, there
is never any gratuituous breakage if it can be helped ... but since
there is no good way to determine if your fileserver supports 2b
or not, _and_ since 2b has been supported for what seems to be
forever in terms of OpenAFS, there was approximately zero sympthathy
for sites that don't like this default.

--Ken