[OpenAFS] Daylights savings and Timestamps

David Sonenberg dsonenberg@strozllc.com
Sun, 09 Apr 2006 11:31:24 -0400

Users in my office have been complaining about the following situation:
 After daylight savings went started they say the files create times
from before the switch got push forward an hour.  Now I did nothing on
the server for the time change.
/etc/localtime is a symbolic link to /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Eastern
It's running on Slackware 9.0 with openafs 1.2.13.
Is this a know issue, or expected behavior?  My company is in the
business of computer forensics so it is important that we know what to
expect from the filesystem.
--
David Sonenberg
Manager, Information Technology

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No right to
confidential or privileged treatment of this message is waived or lost
by any error in transmission.  If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail or by telephone at
212.981.6540, delete the message and all copies from your system and
destroy any hard copies.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.