[OpenAFS] Unable to build user-space RPMs from source RPM (RHEL3, 1.40)

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:47:14 -0400

Quoting Drew Leske <dleske@uvic.ca>:

>  Can't exec "aclocal": No such file or directory at
>  /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/General.pm line 498, <GEN0> line 259.

Um, the error is right here in front of your face.  Can't exec aclocal.
Perhaps you don't have aclocal installed?

[warlord@cliodev build]$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/aclocal
automake-1.9.2-3

I find it odd that autoconf doesn't depend on that, as I'm just calling
autoreconf, but:

[warlord@cliodev build]$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/autoreconf
autoconf-2.59-5

Still -- your problem is a missing aclocal, as per the error you received.

-derek