[OpenAFS] Unable to build user-space RPMs from source RPM (RHEL3, 1.40)

Drew Leske dleske@uvic.ca
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:39:54 -0700

>>  Can't exec "aclocal": No such file or directory at
>>  /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/General.pm line 498, <GEN0> line 259.
>
> Um, the error is right here in front of your face.  Can't exec aclocal.
> Perhaps you don't have aclocal installed?

I guess I don't know enough about autoconf and automake.  I thought this was
part of autoconf ('ac'local)--and I have autoconf installed.

Also, I saw somebody else with the same error, and the advice to them was to
use "--target=i686".  Which worked for the kernel modules.

After installing automake and ncurses-devel as well, the following worked
for me:

  # rpmbuild -ba --target=i686 \
    --define "build_modules 1" --define "build_userspace 1" \
    specs/openafs.spec

to build everything in one step.  The userspace stuff is now i686, but I
don't see why that would be a concern.

Thanks for your help,
Drew.

--
Drew Leske :: Systems Group/Unix, Computing Services, University of Victoria
  dleske@uvic.ca / +1250 472 5055 (office) / +1250 588 4311 (cel)