[OpenAFS] disaster recovery, help needed.

ph rhole oper slitbit@fastmail.fm
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 04:42:29 +0300

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 22:20:19 +0200 (CEST), "Chris Huebsch"
<chris.huebsch@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de> said:
> Hello,
>
> On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, ph rhole oper wrote:
>
> > The hd holding the root directory of an afs server has crashed, thus the
> > /var/openafs/ files are lost with it,
>
> Was the crashed server only a fileserver or both fileserver and
> databaseserver? If the latter, was it your only databaseserver?
It was a db server too, but there is one more left online.I think that
if i install a new OS,
mount /vicepa , and start afs services, ubik will synchronize and the
new OS's afs will just bring the /vicepa volumes up.Right?

> > But the /vicepa partition is ok.Is it possible to recover the data
> > (transfer them to another working openafs server), from the
> > /vicepa/VOL* files?
>
> Try using the voldump utility to dump your voulmes.
Well, if all else fails, i will.thanx