[OpenAFS] Re: AFS clients for OSX/Darwin

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:10:54 -0400

>If you rely on AFSDB it's even worse.  There's a bug in there where
>afsd can (fairly easily) be incorrectly convinced that no AFSDB entry
>exists for a cell and that it should never again try to look for one.
>This seems to happen to me on about 5% of all reconnects (which works
>out to about twice a week).

To be fair ... I have been running OpenAFS on two macs (my laptop and my
work desktop) for a long time, and I've always used AFSDB, and I've never
had any problems.  Something in your environment tickles this; I have
no idea what it is, but it makes it hard for the rest of us to debug it.

--Ken