[OpenAFS] AKLOG build error...

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:54:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Halter, Jonathan wrote:

> I am not necessarily interested in using gcc to compile openafs on
> Solaris.

I'm hoping someone is. The work is related.

> I just wanted to point out that since our Sun Studio compilers are not
> located in /opt/SUNWspro, I am used to explicitly setting
> CC=/apps/coe/bin/cc for configuring a package to use Sun's cc on our
> system. This does not seem to work for openafs's configure. It insists
> on using /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc instead of obeying the location (
> CC=/apps/coe/bin/cc ) that I've tried to set.

That's correct. It's really not interested in alternate locations for the
simple reason that it doesn't want to attempt to discover if the cc you
have is Solaris cc, gcc calling itself cc, /usr/ucb/cc, whatever. It uses
the canonical location. If that's to be fixed, someone needs to do some
work.

Doing all the work at once would be ideal.

Derrick