[OpenAFS] AKLOG build error...

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:25:45 -0400

At 07:37 PM 4/28/2006, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
>To work around the problem, you will want to edit src/cf/osconf.m4, find
>the stanza for sun4x_59 or whatever Solaris you're using, and change the
>definitions of CC, CCOBJ, and MT_CC to point to whereever your compiler
>really is.  Then rebuild the configure script by running regen.sh in the
>top level (for that you'll need autoconf and automake installed).  You may
>_also_ have to set CC in configure's environment or on the command line,
>to make the tests work.

Or, we ignore all that mumbo jumbo and simply stick a temporary symlink at
the location /opt/SUNWspro to the actual location of our cc, which we did.

I think it all boils down to...  If you are going to allow the user to set
the location of their compiler at all, then you should "obey" that
throughout, otherwise what is the point?  And more to the point, why does a
configure script try to "overly agressive" find anything?  Let me
"configure" where everything is with the "configure" script, eh?

Rodney