[OpenAFS] AKLOG build error...

Jonathan Halter jehalter@uncc.edu
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 21:34:29 -0400

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
 type="cite"><br>
So, we completely ignore configure and use a compiler of our choosing.&nbsp;
At present, this is hard-coded; there is no way to override it from the
command line.&nbsp; In the long run, we'd like to compile user-mode code
with the compiler configure finds, and kernel code with the Sun
compiler, and give you a way to tell configure where the latter is
located.&nbsp; For the moment, none of the code required to do that has been
written, so until someone who understands the problem (or can gain an
understanding) has some time to spend on it, we're stuck with things
the way they are now.
If (on Solaris) it is hard-coded as you state, then maybe the CFLAGS
should be hard-coded as well. This is what bit us to begin with:
configure selects gcc by default, and sets the CFLAGS accordingly. When
configure gets down to the kerberos section, the hard-coded CC takes
over, yet the CFLAGS is still set for gcc. It still has the "-O2",
which causes configure test problems for us after the switcharoo.<br>
Heck, if its going to be hard-coded to the studio compilers for
Solaris, then why not from the very beginning of configure, instead of
switch-in-the-middle?<br>
-jonathan<br>