[OpenAFS] AKLOG build error...

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:46:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006, Jonathan Halter wrote:

> If (on Solaris) it is hard-coded as you state, then maybe the CFLAGS
> should be hard-coded as well. This is what bit us to begin with:
> configure selects gcc by default, and sets the CFLAGS accordingly. When
> configure gets down to the kerberos section, the hard-coded CC takes
> over, yet the CFLAGS is still set for gcc. It still has the "-O2", which
> causes configure test problems for us after the switcharoo.
>
> Heck, if its going to be hard-coded to the studio compilers for Solaris,
> then why not from the very beginning of configure, instead of
> switch-in-the-middle?

Or maybe it can just be fixed the right way. (Well, I know it can)

But if any work is going to be done on it, why the heck would you want to
do throwaway work?

Seriously. I can understand band-aid solutions but here the band-aid plus
testing isn't going to be sufficiently less than doing it right for that
to be any sort of excuse.

Derrick