AFS backup with adsmpipe ; WAS: [OpenAFS] Code to demo NFS/UDP weakness?

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 17:49:58 +0200 (MEST)

> Oh yes, years ago we got 64-Bit support included over here too.
> So the term "bugfixed" focuses on the historic basic origin adsmpipe
> version, right?

Yes.

> Up to now I thourhgt adsmpipe is a kind of free use w/o waranty .

Not quite.

> You're right. Lets see if we find a menial to do it ... ;-)

Heh!

> Asking IBM for change of a Lic could be a hard long way IMHO.

We'll see.

> I'd be satisfied to see adsmpipe under the same lic
> as openafs.

Yes, BSD-3clause or IPL. GPL would be a bit annoying.

> |Adsmpipe does not set the file
> |permissions right either IMHO.
>
> We never run into this since (nomen est omen) we just use it in conjunction
> with pipes.

You see it if you use adsmpipe for archive and dmsc for retrieval. Must figure
out how to set user and permission bits in the TSM API (gah!).

Harald.