[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.4.1 on XP SP2: Delay Write Failed

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Sat, 12 Aug 2006 12:19:09 -0700

The file is at ftp://creedon.dhs.org/pub/RaisingCopperRiverBridge.doc

Suit yourself.

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Altman [mailto:jaltman@secure-endpoints.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2006 10:45 AM
To: tcreedon@easystreet.com
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.4.1 on XP SP2: Delay Write Failed

Ted:

This is an open source project.  You are a user of the code.  I am not
aware that there is a bug in the code because you have provided no
evidence to that effect.  As far as I can tell the problem is user error.

Now if you believe there is a problem you can do one of the following
things:

(1) file a reasonable bug report with the necessary details to either
demonstrate what the bug is or how to reproduce it.

(2) you can hire someone to support you and produce such a bug report
or description of how to reproduce it

(3) live with the problem and do nothing

(4) stop using the software

Wasting my time is not one of the options on the table.  At this point
I think that I am going to add you to a mail filter so that I won't be
tempted to respond to your posts in the future.  Its not that I don't
want to help you but it really isn't my job to do so.  You are not my
friend nor are you my client.  You are simply a random person on the
Internet who has decided to use a piece of software that I happen to
contribute code to.

Good luck in your future use of AFS.

Jeffrey Altman