[OpenAFS] Windows explorer null pointer v 1.5.07

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:57:42 -0700

Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
>ted creedon <tcreedon@easystreet.com> wrote:
>
>>Scenario On a previously "known good" 2003 server:
>>
>>Open a directory with several hundred photos
>>
>>Turn thumbnails on
>>
>>Scroll around and view photos, start drag and dropping to a local
>>project directory
>>

>Are the thumbnails being saved (thumbs.db) back into AFS?  I'd suggest
>turning that off to test.

Yes thumbsdb is definitely updated each time thumbnails is turned on.
BTW no NAT, firewall, etc.. on the client, but the server is behind a
NAT firewall for the external address for eth0,  eth1 is passthrough.

I.e. the afs server is listening on 2 IP addresses, I've just deleted
the external IP address from NetInfo and restarted the server and will
experiment from there.
>If you copy all of these photos to local disk first, does it work as
>expected?

Yes, and it works fine using a local windows directory and also using a
Linux browser to browse the directory (with thumbnails on) on any Linux box.
I'm building the project picture directory under Linux and dragging it
to windows..
>I can create thumbnails of a directory with ~550 jpeg files, but I am
>not saving the thumbs.db file.  I can then drag and drop files to my
>desktop.  This is on Windows 2003 SP2 beta running OpenAFS 1.5.0600.  I
>am doing this from the console.  Are you using the console or an RDP
>session?

How does one not create the thumbs.db file?

Using Windows 2003 Server SP1 OpenAFS 1.5.07, no remote desktop session,
not console but using Windows Explorer