[OpenAFS] Windows explorer null pointer v 1.5.07

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 11:03:11 -0500

ted creedon <tcreedon@easystreet.com> wrote:
> Scenario On a previously "known good" 2003 server:
>
> Open a directory with several hundred photos
>
> Turn thumbnails on
>
> Scroll around and view photos, start drag and dropping to a local
> project directory

Are the thumbnails being saved (thumbs.db) back into AFS?  I'd suggest
turning that off to test.

If you copy all of these photos to local disk first, does it work as
expected?

I can create thumbnails of a directory with ~550 jpeg files, but I am
not saving the thumbs.db file.  I can then drag and drop files to my
desktop.  This is on Windows 2003 SP2 beta running OpenAFS 1.5.0600.  I
am doing this from the console.  Are you using the console or an RDP
session?

<<CDC
--
Christopher D. Clausen