[OpenAFS] FC4 intall problems

Alexander J. Marsh ajmarsh@umich.edu
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:47:21 -0400

Hello,

I am having some difficulty's installing openafs on a FC4 machine.  I
guess my first question would have to be where did all the RPMs go?  I'm
not sure how long ago it was but I used to see RPMs for FC1-4 on the
openafs website and now they are gone.

So I decided to try to compile from src.  I used the following
configure.

./configure --enable-redhat-buildsys --enable-transarc-paths
--with-krb5-conf=/usr/kerberos/bin/krb5-config
--with-afs-sysname=i386_linux26

That worked fine, as did make and make install.  I couldn't find an init
script so I copied one from another FC4 machine.  That machine I used
the RPMs to install AFS.

So I try:
 /etc/init.d/openafs-client start
Starting openafs-client: FATAL: Module openafs not found.
failed to load openafs kernel module.                      [FAILED]

Turns out I can't find it either.  What am I missing here?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

  ++alex

--
Alexander J. Marsh | desk 763.0246  cell 368.3839
Unix  Systems  Administrator  LIT  Core  Services