[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS web site design help?

Franco senseiwa@mac.com
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:10:10 +0200

On Aug 29, 2006, at 08:47pm, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> Todd suggested earlier that the OpenAFS web site is perhaps not the
> most helpfully designed in the world, and, well, I have no argument
> there. [...]

I have a suggestion to make things a little easier. I've come around
Zope content management and particularly I was attacted by Plone, a
AJAX (afaik) CMS.

It seems promising and quite easy to use, with some add-ons that can
help in some tasks (users, svn access, mailing lists, search
facilities, wikis...).

Two categories for example:
     http://plone.org/products/by-category/dev
     http://plone.org/products/by-category/communication

Something like this would help to set up a nice looking web site, as
well as some tools that are needed, like a CellServDB management
(add, delete and modify cells by their managers).

I think it's worth a try...

--
Franco Milicchio <milicchio@mac.com>

Research (n.): a discovery already published by a chinese guy one month
                before you, copying a russian who did it in the 60s.